- Theatre for Inclusion workshop NYU Steinhardt Read Emily Schorr-Lesnick's blog from Ireland about crossing borders and not overstepping borders of respect
- Klingenstein Center for Independent School Leadership - Kelly Tracy taught at the Summer Institute; Karlyn Adler completed the Summer Institute; and Jessica Soodek finished her first summer of the Leadership Masters Program - cheers to all three!
- Emily McCarren is now Academy Principal at Punahou School - congratulations!
- Amy Liebov is easing in to retirement (from work but not from LINE!); Dwight Vidale is relaxing and dreaming up wonderful new collaborative ideas; and Jennifer Donovan is in heaven exploring bio-diversity in all its glory in Australia!
- Vladimir Kuskovski is now Director of International School of Basel Region, Switzerland, after serving as Head of School at Oberoi International School, Mumbai, for the past four years - congratulations!
Heartfelt thanks to Yong Zhao for his inspirational talk, passionate enthusiasm and generous support of LINEglobal; thank you Emily McCarren, Dominic Randolph, and Rajiv Kothari for your unwavering commitment and generous support; and thanks to Rajika Bhandari and IIE for co-hosting an amazing event!
LINEglobal and IIE Institute of International Education are co-hosting an event with Dr. Yong Zhao on November 11, 2014. The talk will be held at the IIE Kaufmann Conference Room, an architectural gem designed by Alvar Aalto http://www.iie.org/Offices/New-York/edgar-j-kaufmann-conference-facility
This feels serendipitous - Yong Zhao's talk, our collaboration with IIE, and the landmark spectacular setting overlooking the East River! We cannot wait! Special thanks to Dr. Yong Zhao for making the time to generously support LINEglobal. Special thanks to Emily McCarren for her help with coordinating this event, and to Rajika Bhandari for the opportunity to co-host with IIE.
The Global Education Teacher Strand at the Punahou School, Hawaii, is a forum for discussion and action planning for educators interested in exploring and designing globally focused curriculum and implementing this in their school environments. It intentionally coincides with Punahou's Student Global Leadership Institute. Emily McCarren, Director of Wo International Center, Punahou School, and Rekha Puri facilitated this program for a "diverse think-tank" of remarkable educators from Hawaii, mainland USA, China, Japan, Denmark, Jordan, India, Sweden, and other countries.